Get the training you need to help your clients and advance your career
Whether you're new to lending or you're a seasoned veteran, Farm Credit University has a course to help you succeed.
Lifestyle Lender Course Information
Target Audience: New to intermediate lenders who will be making loans of $500,000 or less, and/or loans with non-farm income as a primary repayment source.
Training Type: Blended
- Dr. David Kohl
- Dr. Alex White
- Ronnie Hucks
- Elizabeth Benefield
- Dr. Iwana Ridgill
Description: The Lifestyle Lender Course focuses on customer and financial product knowledge, portfolio segmentation, sales and marketing, tax return analysis, small loan analysis and much more. This eight-month training is presented in 10 online modules that include self-paced, interactive presentations by Dr. David Kohl, a live kickoff webinar, “halftime session” and a comprehensive final project.
Two weeks are allocated for each module and a halftime face-to-face training session will be held in Charlotte, NC. Offered spring and fall of each year.
- Learn basic, foundational principles needed as a new agricultural lender.
- Understand the difference between eligibility and scope of lending, and eligibility requirements for different groups of borrowers.
- Learn characteristics of the lifestyle segment of borrowers, and details on analyzing loans to these borrowers.
- Evaluate tax returns to find valuable information and ask informed questions.
- Discover the basics of a sales call and prospecting for new business.
- Lending to Lifestyle Borrowers: Eligibility, Scope of Lending, and Customer Knowledge
- Lifestyle Portfolio Segmentation and Layering of Risk
- Small Loan Analysis & Credit Evaluation
- Tax Return Analysis
- Legal Topics
- Technology, Alliances in Marketing & Loan Pricing
- Sales & Marketing: Consultative Marketing
- Sales & Marketing: Strategic Prospecting
- Sales & Marketing: Call Preparation
- Sales & Marketing: Sales Call Process
Ready to register? Select an option below:
I work in the Farm Credit SystemI Work at Another Organization