Commercial Ag Lender
Get the training you need to help your clients and advance your career
Whether you're new to lending or you're a seasoned veteran, Farm Credit University has a course to help you succeed.
Commercial Ag Lender Course Information
Target Audience: Lenders with one to five years of experience, who are working on larger, commercial ag accounts.
Training Type: Blended
- Dr. David Kohl
- Ronnie Hucks
- Charlie Farrell
Commercial Ag Lender focuses on all facets of differential credit analysis for commercial agricultural loans. Presented in the same format as the Lifestyle Lender Course featuring Dr. David Kohl as subject matter expert, the content for this curriculum has been reviewed and approved by experienced ag lenders and academics who served on the Farm Financial Standards Council. Training is presented in 10 easily digestible OnDemand modules that include self-paced, interactive online presentations by Dr. David Kohl, objective test application exercises and access to mentors and peers via discussion forum. The curriculum includes two live webinars and a final face-to-face session and is offered in the spring and fall each year.
- Learn how to construct and analyze basic financial statements for an agricultural business to evaluate risk and creditworthiness.
- Explore issues related to expansion of businesses.
- Learn to properly structure different types of loans for ag businesses.
- Successfully identify distressed credits and learn processes to work with them.
- Write an effective loan narrative, negotiate terms of a loan, and do so while maintaining integrity.
- Learn to consolidate balance sheets of various business entities for analysis.
Ready to register? Select an option below:
I work in the Farm Credit SystemI Work at Another Organization