Distressed Loan Workshop
Get the training you need to help your clients and advance your career
Whether you're new to lending or you're a seasoned veteran, Farm Credit University has a course to help you succeed.
Distressed Loan Workshop Information
Target Audience: Lenders, account officers, and credit analysts with 1-5 years of experience or who have not worked during an agricultural or economic downturn.
Training Type: Instructor-led
- Ronnie Hucks
- Dr. David Kohl
- Van McCall
Description: This one-and-a-half day program provides an opportunity for lenders to learn and share best practices related to the recognition, servicing, and workout of distressed loans. The program features presenters from both inside and outside of Farm Credit, and utilizes case studies and group exercises to help reinforce discussion topics. Offered once per year in the winter.
- Learn early signs of a distressed credit from the experience of others.
- Apply a process to dealing with distressed loans.
- Learn proper servicing strategies to prevent distressed loans and address problems.
- Be exposed to the legal issues surrounding distressed credits.
- Understand interpersonal communications related to distressed situations.
- Early recognition of problems
- Case studies facilitated by Dr. Dave Kohl and Van McCall
- Servicing & Turnaround Strategies
- Borrowers’ Rights & Bankruptcy Panel (a practical approach
- Discussion and Q&A time with Association experts
- Action Steps & Best Practices